Thursday, May 28, 2009

From Potential to Empowerment

Hey everyone:
As it has become apparent that I want only to share what I think I ought to share, and because I have not posted in as long a time as can be imagined, I have come to a crossroads and realized that there is something I should do: I should try to post the most important points I can come up with every week, or every day – if possible – in order to foster a relationship with followers that has a core element: communication. Today’s post, which I have fittingly, or so I believe, entitled “From Potential to Empowerment” is about something that has come to be clear to me over the last few days. However, I believe that in order for you to understand my point in writing about this, that a few key points and events in my life are necessary to become acquainted with. Therefore, I will begin with a very brief background overview about why what I am talking about is as such.
Ever since about the third or fourth grade it became apparent that I wasn’t by any means average. And by this, I don’t claim to be the überwunderkind, but rather of a more intellectual rather than moralistic position. From kindergarten to the second grade I seemed to be average and it was not until the third and fourth grade that my potential for academic excellence became apparent. The key word, however, was just that one: potential. And from then up until finals of my junior year in high school, I embodied just that – the potential rather than the manifestation of that potential.
Always and until now I was the potential, the could-be and might-be, but isn’t-yet. And it was not until a few days ago that I realized that learning is a passion of mine and one that I want to foster. I am finally motivated and I hope and I wish I could promise, though a fear of failure holds my tongue locked, that I would never turn another assignment in late or let my mind wander during a class. I want, and this dearly, to learn and to grow and be someone, and for once, I worry and wonder and hope with all my heart that I can achieve what I set out to do because, in all reality, the chances are many and the opportunities numerous, but those who take advantage of them are few and I want to be among them. I am now empowered and ready for what comes my way.
Thalia – Relentlessly Exhausting the English Language

No comments:

Post a Comment